Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Sleeping Arrangements 4 6

Sleeping Arrangements For Six Children

The homes we lived in were really 3 bedroom homes, now the one next to grandpa and grandma Ehrman not sure think the laundry remained in the basement in that house. I only remember 2 bedrooms upstairs will have to ask big brother. It was fast really when new babies came so like 15 months or so that youngest was moved to a bed. For us girls I remember the most obviously. Always 2 double beds in a bedroom we had. Cheryl always sleeping with me only. I never at that young remember the part living in the basement. I think I was in a crib down there. I remember once upstairs done that basement being like winter play room..our tricycles even down there to ride, and of course rainy days be there to play too...besides our bedroom. So more outside type play in basement I remember.

Even in Anderson it was a three bedroom house, for 8 of us. Connie got her own room when we moved to Red Oak Dr...yet left Cheryl and I in one bed, a room big enough for 2 twin beds, and got us new furniture. French provencial rings bell haver to look. Yep this is it..we had no canopy and no tall bedposts that I remember, but the gold on yes nothing fancy on the front..but a double bed, the little desk with no shelves, and a double dresser you can see part of. An off white but white with the gold on those shaped edges on the corners. Same type drawer handles even.

The weird part, not even mom and dad ever got a new bedroom suit, no one in our family ever got one. Aunt Elba even to make mom's furniture new recover it for her. So again family help in things. Aunt Elba when I got married helped part time in a school kitchen and got the large size receipts even for my wedding haha them all making food.

You think about children and heck want to sleep here there everywhere. Never do I remember Cheryl sleeping with Con or me after Cheryl with me. Even at the lake Adams Lake make us sleep together. lots of beds. I think about this and think weird you remember. Especially cause them not ones to do for ones and not the others, so why? Could have just got new mattresses. I of course got Con's room when she married, so had it my senior year. Con a very young school starter made before cut off date.. me having to wait a year cause late in year.

No comments:

Copyright

*MESSIAH* *THE WAY* *THE CALL* Joh 14:6

Teaching Me To Drive

Well this story must have been important as it disappeared from my chats with Matthew. So I will do him this and post this story I told him...

Search This Blog

Cynthia Sue Ehrman-Jacobs