Friday, March 19, 2021

First Memory Falling

 Well you know the Lord has shown up when you hear howling of the wind through your window...and this I did in the kitchen.  On this site, I know from even talking with my sister as she would ask me if I remembered a particular thing...and I would say no I don't remember that.  So with six children all being raised in the same household, all have different memories that stand out to them...things they just won't forget.  So this is just my memories, don't know my siblings will even remember these things.  I will try to stay from the beginning but can't guarantee anything, as you do as led of the Lord.

Well Dad and Mom I believe met each other through families on both sides living close.  Just up the road from my Dad was a farm he had permission to hunt on, well it happened to be my Mom's side of the family.  So I believe that is how they met.  My Mom got PG, so her and Daddy got married.  Well Daddy's parents had some land..so Grandpa gave them a piece of it to build a house.  They lived in the basement once finished as construction continued.  I believe not sure of this but on the other side of Grandpa was a family call Johnson's, he had a business and I believe Daddy worked there, I know he did just not sure of the dates.  Now Grandpa worked for the railroad which according to my husbands mother those were very hard to get jobs.

I think Daddy and Mom could have even met through church...the reason I say that is because Mom's grandparents are buried at that same church we went too...Ehrman's that is ... yep found the grave site for you...so this could have been how also.  Thompson graves Trinity Lutheran Church

My first memory I believe I was pretty young, reason bringing it up first is because don't remember many children at this...my big brother was there for sure.  Daddy had us down at Grandpa Thompson's, Mom's side and hunt and we were in the barn  Grandpa I believe raised corn and had chickens, the Thompson ancestors grave yard also on that farm I believe.  Well he had hay stored up top with ladders to climb to get to them.  Also had a I want to call it a corn maybe picking?  not sure just something to do with corn and metal stored on the floor of the barn.  Well my big brother climbed up a ways on the ladder then moved to using the bail strings to climb the rest of the way.  I wanted to do the same so did the same thing.  I fell using bail strings and hit my head on that corn thing cracking back of my head open.  I remember being in the hospital in an oxygen tent...then remember once home Mom kept me on the couch so she could keep an eye on me.  Makes me think of the attacks on Josh at young age.

All Dad's family built homes close to his parents up on another road but Daddy was only one next door.  His brother had a house I think called Maples Road... Dad and Grandpa RR1 Decatur Rd.

So that is my first memory, I did get to watch tv being on that couch  haha remember that.

 

Copyright © 2009 I'm Global Now. All rights reserved. 

No comments:

Copyright

*MESSIAH* *THE WAY* *THE CALL* Joh 14:6

Teaching Me To Drive

Well this story must have been important as it disappeared from my chats with Matthew. So I will do him this and post this story I told him...

Search This Blog

Cynthia Sue Ehrman-Jacobs