Monday, March 22, 2021

Tree Climbing and Kindergarten


Grandma and Grandpa Ehrman, living next door to us, we were not allowed to bug them all the time, they had an apple tree in their back yard, I forget the kind, it wasn't sweet apples not something you would pick and eat. Grandma used to make apple butter with them. Us kids got to climb that tree to pick apples for her. Branches were low enough on it to do that.

Now we had a tree at our house to learn to climb on...it was side so back door really on other side of driveway as I recall, so Mom could watch us play from kitchen window out there. Only one I can remember ever falling out of that tree was my little brother Chris, think it was the tree, he broke his collar bone I want to say I am not sure of that though, he would remember for sure.

Then remember being in kindergarten at Trinity Lutheran school. My brother and sister went there too. I think kindergarten was just half days back then. Why it stands out is the way they do things now, they make children go I think full days. Well we went half I think and funny thing about the memory I have regarding that, is that we children in class all had I believe it was a towel, had to lay it out on floor and we all had a time to lay down and rest. Now that was half day I recall, so interesting I remember that little nap we had to take in that class. Wasn't to go to sleep I don't think, was more a break, and maybe that could have been weather I don't know, just remember the nap.



No comments:

Copyright

*MESSIAH* *THE WAY* *THE CALL* Joh 14:6

Teaching Me To Drive

Well this story must have been important as it disappeared from my chats with Matthew. So I will do him this and post this story I told him...

Search This Blog

Cynthia Sue Ehrman-Jacobs